Our Costume Shed premises are located at 9 Short Street, Murray Bridge.
Volunteers are very welcome to join the MBPS Costume Team to assist with any of the costuming roles including: Production Costuming, Costume Hiring, Cleaning and Working Bee teams.
Hiring Procedures for the General Public
· You will need to contact us prior to organise a booking.
· The volunteer will pass on hiring costs and conditions.
· Please arrive well before to allow plenty of time to be costumed.
· Please note that all the costume team are volunteers and are not available at other times.
· We are a community theatre group and our main focus is to costume our theatre productions.
Hiring Procedures for Groups:
(Production Companies, Schools & Large Groups)
Costumes are available for hire by appointment only:
· If you would like to hire costumes for your production or event, an extensive range of costumes are available for hire at very reasonable rates.
· Bookings are essential. Please provide info in the form below to book a time to meet at our premises. Information will include your Company/School name, a contact name, phone number, email address, the name of your production and approximate number of outfits needed.
· The Secretary will inform the Costume Team of your booking.
Please bring with you
1. A thorough list of all the costumes you require. Photos or online pictures are very useful.
2. Measurements of all cast members including waist, bust/chest, shoulder (across the back), & waist to ankle lengths.
3. Your own large bags or boxes for transporting the costumes.
· When you arrive for your booking, the Costume Team will assist in making a selection of potential costumes. To support schools & companies in the difficult task of costuming a large production, you will be allowed to take your selection of costumes for the cast to try on. If needed, you can then make another booking with the Secretary to return what you don’t want & select more costumes if needed.
· A list of the costumes selected will be recorded and you will be given a copy along with a return date and information on the care and washing of the costumes.
· Once a final selection has been made and the costumes are returned in good order after your production, an account will be given with payment details.
· Please arrive on time for your booking. It can take a long time to find, record and pack a large selection of costumes. Call the Secretary on 0458177568 if you need to change the appointment.
On the day of your appointment if you are delayed or unable to attend please ring the Andrew Broadbent on 0458 177 568.